Tuesday, October 4, 2011

My first blooms!

Another thing I've been wanting are flowers! I love them in real life, although I don't have any except for two small house plants. Last week, I sat down and tried to figure out how to make them and with the help of some Google images this is what I have so far. Remember, my hands are very slooooowwww.....lol. Although, in my defense I wasn't able to work on them at all over the weekend.  =)

I also had an idea on how to make the flower pots and then remembered that Casey has a great tutorial on how to make terracotta pots. You have to scroll down a bit the page to see this tutorial. So with my weak first attempts, and the help of Casey's tutorial I was able to make these and a bunch more in other colors. The ones in these pics are going to get a little aging done.




I also tried making a plant, but I think I need to work at it some more.  =)



Have a wonderful day!

14 comments:

  1. Your flowers AND your plant look great!!!
    Verey nice!!!
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. you did a fantastic job, congratulations! I love the poppies are so realistic, good! have used tissue paper? are so thin!
    also, the plant is coming very well, what to improve? is already so perfect!
    maybe, I know do the same! but I do not feel anocra .. I'm afraid of making mistakes ... good day to you, too! :))
    Caterina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies! =)
    Caterina: Yes I used tissue paper for the flowers. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Son hermosas y reales! Dices que son las primeras? pues perfectas.
    Un abrazo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your flowers and plant are gorgious, the pots also.
    I dont believe this is your first time you make it, they look so perfect!!
    Hugs
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your flowers and plant. You don't need further practice, these are perfect.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your plants and flowers are wonderful. They look very real. I love your pots.
    Hugs Maria

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! you did very well.
    Geneviève

    ReplyDelete
  9. All plants are fantastic, but the poppers are superb!
    Bye Faby

    ReplyDelete
  10. I fiori sono stupendi!!! Anche le pianta è molto bella e reale, sono davvero un incanto!
    Baci
    Mely

    ReplyDelete
  11. ¡¡Madre mia Iris son las primeras y te han quedado perfectas !!
    me encantan !!
    eres una verdadera artista ,todo lo que te propones lo consigues !!
    Felicidades guapisima y matricula de honor !!
    gracias cielo por el tuto eres encantadora !!

    .. * . (\ *** /) * . *Un besito
    .* . * ( \(_)/ ) * * .cielo
    .* . * (_ /|\ _) . * .que tengas
    .* . * . /___\ * . . un buen dia

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think they're all marvellous! Gill x

    ReplyDelete