Thursday, September 29, 2011

From Russia, With Love, Part 2

So, as I mentioned in my previous post, there were more gifts from my friend's travels. Here are the rest:

Matryoshka!!! Not one, but two, and even an unfinished one in case I wanted to give it a try. I don't think I'll be trying to paint that one any time soon. I'm just not that brave.  LOL


Here are what the unfinished ones look like. There are five pieces with this one.


This one is painted red with gold flowers.


I tried to put the smaller ones in front for a better view. I think I tipped over the teeny, tiny one. I can't even begin to tell you how minuscule it is.


And here is my absolute favorite! She is painted pink & brown with beautiful flowers all over her head piece. 


Isn't she precious?


I am totally in love with them! I still have them packed away though.  =(   I want to have them displayed in a special way. I want them to be out in the open where I can see them everyday, but I don't want them to gather any dust or get ruined being exposed. Truth be told, I just don't want anyone to touch them. LOL  That might sound crazy, but I just don't want any greasy little fingerprints on them. Ok, that sounded even worse.....lol. But you get what I mean, right? =)  I'm thinking of putting them in some sort of shadow box decorated appropriately of course. =D  

Oh how I love them so!  =D

Hope you have a beautiful day!






13 comments:

  1. In effetti sono così belli,nemmeno io permetterei a qualcuno di toccarli^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your gifts are all just lovely! Thanks for sharing!!!

    Blessings,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your favourite is also my favourite and quite right you want them put somewhere safe. Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  4. .. * . (\ *** /) * . *Un besito
    .* . * ( \(_)/ ) * * .cielo
    .* . * (_ /|\ _) . * .que tengas
    .* . * . /___\ * . . un buen dia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Iris, you're right, the second Matryoshka is very beautiful, her face is delicate, sweet smile, the suit detailed and cute .. is so precious! I also do not allow anyone to touch! :))
    you can make a roombox, or rather, a showcase of all glass, so you can keep them locked in a transparent box from all 5 sides and protect from dust, and at the same time exposing all been viewing, but can ... No touching! :))
    establishes the basis of the dolls to the floor with a little removable adhesive, so they do not fall within the box if you shock it, and you're done, you can see them every day!
    If you do this, I want to see the photo, though! ha ha!
    kisses and a big hug!
    Caterina

    ReplyDelete
  6. I forgot ... I also have a matryoshka, which I received from my brother when he was in Russia!
    but it is still smaller than your .. :))))
    you can see in my blog, here:
    http://leminisdicockerina.blogspot.com/2010/11/matrioska-e-comunicazione-sullo-swap-di.html

    kisses
    Caterina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yes! A shadow box would be perfect! And you would have it decorated exquisitely I know it. I love the unfinished ones. Just think of all the possibilities! Love these dolls.
    hugs,
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice gifts, good idea of the shadowbox.
    Looking forward to see what you came up with.
    Hugs
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  9. You can use the last 3 for your dollhouse :).

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Matryoshkas, I used to have a cute one when I was a child. The unfinished one looks interesting, so many possibilities! :)
    hugs from Venice,

    Mij

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hola Iris :
    ¡¡Ya te lo dije en persona ,pero ahora te lo digo aqui !!
    me encantan las muñecas rusas desde chiquitita !!
    y tus muñecas son preciosas !!
    tengo muchas ganas de ver como te quedan las que vas a decorar !!
    felicitaciones guapisima ,tienes unas verdaderas joyas con estas Matrioskas !!

    .. * . (\ *** /) * . *Un besito
    .* . * ( \(_)/ ) * * .cielo
    .* . * (_ /|\ _) . * .que tengas
    .* . * . /___\ * . . un buen dia

    ReplyDelete